The Turf & Ornamental Communicators Association (TOCA) has a busy fall and winter, and we hope you’ll join us at a number of our upcoming events! If you find yourself at GIE+Expo, the Irrigation Association show, in England for the British Turf Managers Exhibition or at the Golf Industry Show, TOCA will be there too.
TOCA held its annual meeting in Milwaukee, Wisc. in May and here are some highlights:
- The 25th Annual TOCA Communications Contest awards were given out at the awards banquet. Congratulations to all our award recipients.
- The 10th annual International Communications Contest award winners were also announced.
- The best of the best, the 2015 Gardner Award winners were the last to receive their awards during our awards banquet.
- Howard Richman, of GCM magazine, received the TOCA Plant Health Writer of the Year.
- Brian Horgan, Ph.D., turfgrass professor at the University of Minnesota, was honored as the Environmental Communicator of the Year.
- Jose Milan and Steve Trusty were recently inducted into the TOCA Hall of Fame.
Membership in TOCA is comprised of more than 250 green industry professionals and TOCA continues to grow in prestige throughout the green industry.