The Turf and Ornamental Communicators Association (TOCA) serves communicators in the green industry by fostering an open exchange of information regarding issues that affect how we communicate to our various audiences.
The annual professional development conference – 2016 TOCA MEETING – is quickly approaching at the Magnolia Hotel in Omaha, Nebraska – May 3-5, 2016.
2016 conference highlights include:
- Professional development sessions on infographics, B-to-B writing tips, an editor/pr panel on new rules in the industry, and a look at the 2016 election and what it could mean for the green industry.
- In-depth horticulture tour of the Omaha Zoo and Lauritzen Gardens or golf at the Omaha Country Club.
- Networking opportunities during receptions and breaks, including an option arrival-evening reception at the Omaha Press Club
- Optional TOCA 5K run
- TOCA Awards Dinner honoring the communications awards winners
Omaha is a vibrant city with lots of entertainment. Check out Visit Omaha and get ready to have a great time at the TOCA Annual Conference.
Check out a few 2015 highlights:
- The 25th Annual TOCA Communications Contest awards were given out at the awards banquet. Congratulations to all our award recipients.
- The 10th annual International Communications Contest award winners were also announced.
- The best of the best, the 2015 Gardner Award winners were the last to receive their awards during our awards banquet.
- Howard Richman, of GCM magazine, received the TOCA Plant Health Writer of the Year.
- Brian Horgan, Ph.D., turfgrass professor at the University of Minnesota, was honored as the Environmental Communicator of the Year.
- Jose Milan and Steve Trusty were recently inducted into the TOCA Hall of Fame.
Membership in TOCA is comprised of more than 250 green industry professionals and TOCA continues to grow in prestige throughout the green industry.