The award, sponsored by Project EverGreen, may be given to anyone in the Green Industry. It is presented each year at TOCA's annual meeting.
Frank Wong Ph.D., senior regulatory affairs consultant for Bayer CropScience, is the recipient of the 2017 TOCA Environmental Communicator of the Year Award.
Sponsored by Project EverGreen, the TOCA Environmental Communicator of the Year Award may be given to anyone in the Green industry in recognition of outstanding efforts in communicating the benefits of environmental stewardship to a particular industry audience.
Now in its 20th year, this prestigious award has been given to an accomplished group of professionals including:
- Mark Welterlen, former Grounds Maintenance magazine publisher
- Bill Love, W.R. Love Golf Architecture
- Tim Doppel, Atwood Lawncare, Inc.
- Doug Fender, former Executive Director, Turfgrass Producers International
- Allen James, RISE CEO
- Rod Dodson, Audubon International
- Jeff Gullickson, Spokane Country Club
- Kevin Trotta, Grounds Manager, IPM Specialist, Cornwall, NY
- Helen Stone, publisher, Southwest Trees & Turf magazine
- Allied Golf Associations of Colorado
- Drs. Larry Stowell and Wendy Gelernter, PACE Turf
- Christopher Gray, Precise Path Robotics (formerly Marvel Golf Club in Kentucky)
- Anthony Williams, director of grounds at Stone Mountain Golf Club, Stone Mountain, GA
- Dr. Frank Rossi, associate professor, extension turfgrass specialist, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Phil Fogarty of Weed Man and Crowleys Vegetation Management
- Brandon Horvath, Ph.D., turfgrass professor at the University of Tennessee
- Brian Horgan, Ph.D., turfgrass professor at the University of Minnesota
- David Shetlar, Ph.D., entomology professor at the Ohio State University
- Frank Wong, Ph.D., senior regulatory affairs consultant for Bayer CropScience