TOCA INTERNSHIPS - Media and Marketing Communications
The Turf & Ornamental Communicators Association (TOCA) Foundation is creating a marketing internship program, beginning in 2018.
The marketing internship program is being funded through the TOCA Foundation by Den/Sandy Gardner and Dave Hansen. The Gardners are owners of Gardner & Gardner Communications, a marketing/association management firm based in New Prague, MN. Hansen is the Partner/CEO of Swanson Russell, a marketing communications firm based in Lincoln, NE.
Under this new internship program, TOCA will coordinate the internship program and selection. TOCA member companies that are involved in public relations activities will host the intern. This is a five-year commitment by Hansen and the Gardners.
Some other key details include:
- Internship will be worth $5,000 -- $4,000 as a stipend and $1,000 to be used to attend and assist in the execution of the TOCA annual meeting in May 2018.
- The internship will be 8-10 weeks long and begin approximately in May 2018.
- The deadline for applying to host the intern is mid-December. The host organization will be chosen by the end of this year.
- Student applications will open Feb. 1, 2018, and the the selction will be in April.
- Intern will be chosen by a representative of the host organization, along with a representative of the sponsoring parties, plus one board member and/or the chair of the TOCA Futures Committee.
The Turf & Ornamental Communicators Association (TOCA) is now in year six of the TOCA Media internship program. Sponsored by Bayer, the internship program
involves the selection of a college student for an eight- to 10-week summer employment with a green industry publication thats a member of TOCA. A selection committee will choose the student for the internship.
The 2017 internship was awarded to Marty Richardson, a student at Anoka Technical College in Anoka, Minnesota. Marty interned with TurfNet.com in Ireland, you can check out his blog here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, email/call Den Gardner or Kristy Mach at the TOCA office for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org or (952/758-6340).